I was deeply saddened, along with millions of others, when Wayne Dyer passed away earlier this week. He was a beloved teacher, author, speaker, and mentor on personal development and spiritual growth. He brought so much love and light to this world.
He holds a special place in my heart because he was my first spiritual mentor. I was just a teenager when I saw Dr. Dyer for the first time on a PBS special, almost 20 years ago. I vividly recall that my eyes were glued to the TV screen for the entire show. His words of wisdom resonated with me deeply. His teachings marked the beginning of my own spiritual journey.
His inspired messages have left an everlasting impression on me. Some of the most notable messages include:
- The greatest joy comes from giving and serving others.
- Practicing gratitude regularly will bring you in harmony with your Source.
- We are more than just our physical bodies. We have an invisible presence, a soul. We are God.
- Love and compassion is the way to find happiness, health, and success.
- You become what you think about. When you change the way you look at things, then you change the world you live in.
- We all have a purpose for being here. Follow your heart and live your passion.
- With God, all things are possible.
- Our attitude is everything, so pick a good one.
- Non-judgement is the path to freedom.
I had always wished that someday I could see him in the flesh. Fortunately, my dream came true this past May, three months before his passing. He was even more amazing than I imagined. He radiated wisdom, kindness, love, and humor. It was a beautiful 3-hour event that I will never forget.
I will be forever grateful to have been given the opportunity to see him before he transitioned.
To end this article I decided to share with you some of Wayne Dyer’s wisdom.
25 of Wayne Dyer’s Inspirational Quotes
- “Don’t die with your music still in you.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.”- Wayne Dyer
- “You’ll see it when you believe it.”- Wayne Dyer
- “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.”- Wayne Dyer
- “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”- Wayne Dyer
- “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.”-Wayne Dyer
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”-Wayne Dyer
- “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.”- Wayne Dyer
- “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.”- Wayne Dyer
- “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Upon awakening, let the words Thank You flow from your lips, for this will remind you to begin your day with gratitude and compassion.”-Wayne Dyer
- “When you stay on purpose and refuse to be discouraged by fear, you align with the infinite self, in which all possibilities exist.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Choose to see death as simply removing a garment or moving from one room to another…It’s merely a transition.”-Wayne Dyer
- “You do not attract what you want. You attract what you are.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Everything in the universe has a purpose. Indeed, the invisible intelligence that flows through everything in a purposeful fashion is also flowing through you.”-Wayne Dyer
- “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Anything you really want, you can attain, if you really go after it.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Our intention creates our reality.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Everything is perfect in the universe-even your desire to improve it”-Wayne Dyer
- “Peace can be the lens through which you see the world. Be it. Live it. Radiate it out. Peace is an inside job.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Wherever you are, at whatever age, you’re only a thought away from changing your life.”-Wayne Dyer
- “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”-Wayne Dyer
- “When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace.”-Wayne Dyer