Mark Twain was an American author, lecturer, entrepreneur, and humorist.
You may know Mark Twain for his notable books. He wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885).
I particularly appreciate his amusingly clever approach towards life.
I thought I’d share with you some of his witty inspiration that he expressed through his quotes.
21 Mark Twain Quotes
1. “Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing.”-Mark Twain
2. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”-Mark Twain
3. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”-Mark Twain
4. “Don’t part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.”-Mark Twain
5. “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”-Mark Twain
6. “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.”-Mark Twain
7. “The human race has one really effective weapon and that is laughter.”-Mark Twain
8. “There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.”-Mark Twain
9. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. “-Mark Twain
10. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.”-Mark Twain
11. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”-Mark Twain
12. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”-Mark Twain
13. “When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old.”-Mark Twain
14. “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”-Mark Twain
15. “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”-Mark Twain
16. “Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”-Mark Twain
17. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”-Mark Twain
18. “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”-Mark Twain
19. “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.”-Mark Twain
20. “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”-Mark Twain
21. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”-Mark Twain
Photo Credit: Image by Dennis Valente via Flickr